Flaxseed is not a Yoruba native crop so it does not have a Yoruba native name unfortunately. Perhaps you want to extract the oil from the Flaxseed, so you are looking at what name to call it in the Yorùbá market around you. Unfortunately, even the market women don’t have a Yoruba Name for it . Reason is, Flaxseed is not NATIVE TO YORUBA LAND.
So, just go to the market and ask for Flaxseed. Those that know it will direct you to where you can get it.
Some important points to know about Flaxseed;
1. It is also called Linseed.
2. The name of the oil is called Linseed oil.
3. The seeds of the Flax plant are color Brown. And the seed usually looks glossy.
4. Did you know that LINEN is made from the Flaxseed plant? Yes, without Flaxseed, there won’t be any such thing as Linen.
5. Flaxseed has so many health benefits that it is considered one of the most nutritional and beneficial plants to eat all over the world.
So, at the market, just ask for Flaxseed or Irúgbìn Flaxseed. Your best bet is to go to a large mall around you. They will likely have. But local markets might not have because the plant is not native to Yoruba land.